What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that allow our website (or mobile app) to collect and store some personally unidentifiable data on your device used for web browsing. Cookies allow us to improve your customer experience by being informative, personal and user friendly and therefore cookies enhance the features and functionality of our website. We may give permission to third party organisations to also place cookies on our website.
How do cookies work?
Our website can send cookies to your browser, it may then be stored on your device’s hard drive and can be accessed by our web server. The cookie data can then be retrieved and can allow us to customise our website and services accordingly. It is important to emphasise the fact that cookies do not collect any personal data stored on any devices. Cookies, however, may collect (personally unidentifiable) data about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the third-party website you arrived from to our website.
- To improve the functionality of our website, for example, for us to see how the product selection and booking process can be enhanced to offer a better experience
- To improve the performance of our website, for example, to see the number of visitors we get a day and the time they spend looking around or actually sending us an inquiry, the part of the day we have received the most visitors / inquiries, this is also important for us to understand how our search engine optimisation and on-line advertising is to be adjusted
- To feature and highlight the most suitable offers to you, for example, by understanding with the help of the cookies what type of accommodation and/or board basis you prefer
- To improve and customise our on-line advertising campaign, for example, to be able to feature the products most likely to be of your interest while using social media or third-party websites
In line with all of the above it is of primary importance for us to be able to measure whether our product development is in the right direction or if it is time for us to change / diversify. Furthermore, it is significant to know whether our marketing communication, including the on-line advertising is effective and/or in accordance with the trends, customer demand and satisfaction.
How to control and delete cookies?
- read our Cookies Policy from the link in the pop-up
- click Disable Cookies (and agree that some of the services of our website may be reduced or unfunctional)
Further information / useful links about Cookies: